Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Monumenta

I don't know if you've heard of the exhibit that happen once a year in the Grand Palais in Paris called Monumenta.
This year, this year, Anish Kapoor created something really impressing inside the Grand Palais.
I had no idea of what I was about to see, and it was incredible, sorry the pictures are bad, taken with a friend's camera.
I can't show you the inside of it, it was in the dark, but I'm sure you can find better pics on the internet.

I'm sure I won't be able to describe it well but it was like HUGE balloons made of Ferrari wire, all blown, and you can visit the inside before seeing the outside. You enter a really dark place and you lose all sense of space and shapes. There is a little red color coming from the sunlight through the fabric but it's really hard to really understand the shapes of the volume you are in.





3 comments:

Claire said...

Ca a l'air génial
j'ai trop envie d'y aller !

Laure said...

ca se termine demain, désolée

sarah-mai said...

beautiful pictures on their site, it's hard to imagine what it looks like in person!