Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Belgium

Very long post for a great week end in Belgium, in the Flandres, with my class !

With started in a pretty place they call "Beguinage", there used to be religious persons living there, if I understood it right.



Sorry I forgot to turn that one, but I thought it was fun :) It's painted on the sidewalk !


Huge needle with a fly


An old warehouse that now hosts the archives office


A great restaurant we went for lunch (Brunch for 15€, as much as we want !)
I took the picture for Claire :)


A museum that opened yesterday actually, so we didn't get a chance to visit it, but some people were dancing to celebrate the opening.


Classic façades

Bricks are EVERYWHERE, I love it



And we ended with one of the most beautiful places I ever visited : the Grand Hornu, old manufacture for charcoal.
It got renovated and now hosts a museum and restaurant. It was a really great architecture of heritage and modernity.





3 comments:

Claire said...

Trop chouette.
Ca a l'air magnifique

sarah-mai said...

Beautiful pics, i love the lights in that restaurant!!!

How was the food in Belgium?

Laure said...

Fries :)
Not that great anyway, but I gotta say that we did not get a chance to find a real restaurant or anything that would have made us taste good things