Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Love of Centuries Gala- Long Beach Calif.



I got a chance to be a part of a gala for our meditation group last week end. It was so fantastic.
The musicians put music to our Master's poetry from her book of poems "Love of Centuries". Here is one of the poems that was put to songs.

Please Wake Up

O world, wake up and behold
Rivers and mountains are in tumult
Burnt forests, eroded hills, desiccated streams
Whither do the poor souls go in the end of all dreams?

O great Earth, lessened be your agony
For these tears to wane with the persistent night
O seas and lakes , cease not your melodies
Allowing hope for a morrow among humanity...

O sentient beings,, have respite in the realm beyond
Though you departed without the last utterance
Let the throbbing of my heart abate
While I await Earthlings' timely repentance.

O deep forests, preserve your true essence
Protect the human race in their moments of erring
Please accept my heartfelt thousand teardrops
To nurture your majestic trees, leaves and roots.

O heart, relent your sobbing
For my soul to rest in long nights
Tears dried up and I am wordless
Weeping in pain for the tormented

O, I cry, I plead, I beseech
O, infinite Buddhas, the Gods, the Angels
Deliver souls straying from the True Path
Wandering in the endless cycle of suffering!

O brother, wake up at once
Proudly walk upon great seas and rivers
Look straight at the flaming sun
And vow sacrifice to save all on Earth!

O sister, wake up this instant
Arise from places of devastation
Together, let's renew our planet
For all to sing joyous songs of oneness.

2 comments:

ely said...

thank you Phuong.

sarah-mai said...

great pics! did you photograph the event for smtv or just for your own use?