Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Nebraska Farms

This weekend Heath and I visited two local farms...you have to find things to do in Nebraska or else you get pretty bored!

The first an apple farm for the AppleJack festival.  I was seriously disappointed in their apple treats, only apple pie and caramel apples.  The Johnny Appleseed festival in Lisbon has apple ice cream, apple fritters, apple dumplings, along with apple pie and caramel apples.  Plus, the apple cider was really just apple juice.....SO disappointing!



Downtown for the festival, they had a car show.  Look at the car on the right....are they kidding?!?!?!?


Then we went to a choke berry farm.  We brought home choke berry jam and choke berry wine.  The jam was just OK, Heath has not tried the wine yet...



And speaking of farms, finally, we got a ripe watermelon from our garden.  It is delicious!!!


5 comments:

Laure said...

well you seem disappointed !
nice pictures though

sarah-mai said...

I think I'm ready to leave Nebraska :)

templin said...

But what about your dream of starting a meditation center in Omaha?

Claire said...

They need meditation center more in NY!

sarah-mai said...

Hmmm...I have not had that dream yet :)

I need energy and things to do, to see, etc etc. Omaha just isn't cutting it for me ;) Not to mention the lack of real apple cider.