Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Columbus 1/2 Marathon weekend


I walked the Columbus 1/2 marathon this past weekend. I also got an award at dinner on Saturday night for raising $1000 over my goal. It was a personal goal to finish but something I will never do again. I am thankful to my training coach for helping me through the first miles and her encouragement along the way. It really helped that Mark and Owen saw me at mile 7 then Mark and Isaac caught up with me at mile 12. My mom was around the corner at mile 13 too! I'm starting to walk better today and it doesn't hurt as much. My boys took care of me while I've been down.
Now I have to get back to the real world and go to the grocery, do laundry and clean the house!

4 comments:

Laure said...

yeahhhh congratulations !! that's so great for you !!
My cousin Renaud ran the 1/2 marathon in Paris last week too !

sarah-mai said...

i love the part where you say 'it was a personal goal...i will never do it again' :)

did you get to see the sign isaac made?

Nhu Ha said...

yeeees you can, Mai Tram !!!

templin said...

you will never do the half marathon again,
move on to the big one!!!!