Search This Blog

Thursday, June 18, 2009

writing contest

Please family help to decide which writing piece shares more feelings. I told them it is not about winning, but
since Tory likes to win at everything, he wants a contest. I can't decide so I told them I will ask the family.
The writing is about a flower.


Trinity,
One graceful sunflower in a yellow field.
One purple in the middle swaying in the summer breeze.
Beautiful as can be, whispering as if it is speaking to me in the wind.
For then it became fall and went away.
That was the purple, beautiful , graceful sunflower.


Tory,
A flower sitting in the warm heat of the day.
Standing tall and high.
Standing under the sun.
The bees buzzing around the flower.
The birds flying up in the sky looking down at the flower.
The flower looking back at the birds.
You can hear the water from a river flowing smoothly.
There is a beautiful flower standing in a field.

10 comments:

Cyril said...

the second one.

templin said...

one vote for tory, thanks Cyril.

Laure said...

I love them both !!!
You guys really are great poets !!
I'll choose Trinity's though, girl's support !

Michel said...

My vote is always for sale ! Start the auction

templin said...

What exactly is the worth of Great Uncle Michel's vote?

Thanks Laure for supporting girl power.

sarah-mai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah-mai said...

I think Tory's is more descriptive and visual, and Trinity's shows more emotion and feeling.

Nhu Ha said...

Tory = Triny,
the two poems are beautiful and different,
just one thing: i never see a purple sunflower !!!

ely said...

how can we pick between the Moon and the Sun?

templin said...

My family is so diplomatic.
Tory will not be happy that he did not win over his sister.
Thank you for participating in this contest.